Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 14-22 – Alaska

It's tempting to stay here, find a job, and eat fish every day for the next year. After net fishing while hanging over the side of cliff on the most dangerous stretch of a river. Actually…I just want to do that part. You need to be an Alaska resident to make it worthwhile, though, so I’ll be heading back to the lower 48.

Alaska is incredible. I haven’t done nearly enough exploration to satisfy me with this place, I will be coming back up here in the future, when I have the time to really get to see what it has to offer. I’ve met half of the goals I had for Alaska: I’ve walked on a glacier, and I’ve seen the Aurora dancing across the sky. I have yet to pan for gold or see a Grizzly bear, but I suppose I’ll have to try those the next time I come through.

The majority of this week has been with Adam and Alanna, two friends of mine that I met back in San Francisco. Through them, I’ve met a number of other people, and been to a number of places. Rather than use words, however, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.










No comments:

Post a Comment