Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 10 – New Ideas

This blog is very much a work in progress, not just in the sense that I’m writing it piece by piece, but that I’m also coming up with new ideas for how to make this blog interesting to write and worthwhile to read. Today I started on two new micro-projects.

The first is taking pictures of everyone who gives me rides, and posting them on here. Hopefully this will explain individuals a bit more than my words, since I’m not able to write about every person that picks me up. I meet so many incredible people each day, and I wish I could show this better. I wish I could tell the full story of every person that I meet. But I have neither the time nor the skill to them justice, and so I’ll limit myself to the small amount that I do.

The second is a project that I won’t be able to complete till I get back to my standard laptop, with its editing software and non netbook specs. I’m recording 30 seconds of video from the ride that each person gives me, then I’ll attempt to splice them into a short clip of my entire journey, with each area that I’ve moved through. Not really certain how well that will work, as the video tends to be rather jumpy on parts of the road, but I’ll find out! I’m considering posting links to raw video on here…not sure if it’s worth it.

What else can I do to make this interesting? Suggestions?

Trip Stats:

Total Distance: 576 miles
Total Time: ~14 hours
# of rides: 3
Total Cost: $9.00

No comments:

Post a Comment